A dental crown, also known as a “cap” is a type of restorative dentistry in Unique Smile Turkey. There are several reasons your dentist may diagnose a dental crown. Some examples of why these are needed is due to a broken tooth, decay, large old fillings, a root canal was done, or for cosmetic reasons.
When a tooth is broken or decayed, one possible way to save that tooth is to place a protective “cap” over it. This may be needed for the following reasons:
1. There is a cavity in the tooth that extends to multiple surfaces
2. There is a tooth cusp that has broken off
3. There is a large defective dental filling that needs replacement
4. The tooth has been root canal treated and it is a back tooth
5. The tooth has vertical enamel fractures and causes pain when biting down
6. The tooth requires reshaping in order to restore esthetics or prevent food impaction
The procedure for a tooth crown typically takes between 45 minutes to 1 hour and a half. The time may vary due to the fact that there may be a large filling that needs to be removed or there may also be a large cavity. Also, the size of the tooth makes a difference. If the dentist is working on a smaller tooth, such as a front tooth or a premolar then this will take less time then a molar.
There are different types of crowns. We will provide you treatment plan for the best option for your needs. Some examples of materials used for dental crowns or “caps” are gold, metal, porcelain fused to metal, full porcelain crown or zirconia crowns. At the time your crown is chosen, your dentist will work with you to choose a shade that matches your other teeth.
All-ceramic or all-porcelain crowns provide the best natural colour and they are the top quality crowns worldwide. Purely made of ceramic, which is translucent, these crowns are very life-like and blend well with the rest of your natural teeth. They have the ability to replicate both the form and function of natural teeth.
• All ceramic crowns are constructed using computer technology, e.g. CAD/CAM technology which is based upon 3D design.
• Apart from super aesthetics, these crowns are valued for their metal-friendly characteristic. Patients who have metal-compatibility issues, will face no risk of an allergic reaction or sensitivity to hot or cold foods.
• The average life of a crown is around 10 years. The most important factor affecting the lifespan of any restorative treatment is oral hygiene of the patient.
There are two types of ceramic crown:
1. Zirconia - These crowns are high on strength and are ideally used for back teeth.
2. E-Max - These crowns are high on aesthetics and are ideally used for front teeth.
• These crowns are ideally suited to people who prefer something which has a natural appearance as they are the most cosmetically pleasing crowns.
• The material used is ‘bio-compatible’which is kind to your gums and tissues.
• There is no risk of any allergic reaction or sensitivity to hot or cold foods.
At Unique Smile Turkey, not only we incorporate best quality crowns which lasts for years but also suits well to your aesthetics.
We have all the requisite equipments that help in addressing and fixing the issue. Furthermore we fully apprehend downsides to the treatment so we ensure the procedure is safely carried out and there is no scope left of any dental issue arising later.
Undergoing ceramic crowning procedure at our clinic benefit you in numerous other ways as well which include:
• We use high quality crowns which are made of thinner material and as a result, feel lighter in weight.
• We take into consideration if a person is allergic to metal or not
• Our procedure involves zero risk of allergic reaction or sensitivity to hot or cold foods.
• The crowns we place have longevity as they can last disfigure for years.
• We understand the fact that refinement is needed to produce these crowns counting they require high expertise of the dentist which our seasoned takes care of effortlessly.
Fener Mah. Tekelioğlu Cad. No:51/6 Muratpaşa/Antalya, Turkey
+90 552 457 57 97